WHAT. . . types of materials are appropriate for the EngageCSEdu Collection?
Materials can be considered for the EngageCSEdu Collection if they meet the following criteria:
- The material is an individual item (e.g., an assignment, a project, a lab, an annotated lecture) from an introductory computer science (or closely related) course, i.e., CS0, CS1, or CS2. In colleges and universities, these are usually freshman-level courses OR course materials designed for high school students if the material aligns with at least one CSTA level 3A or 3B standard.
- The material is high quality, i.e., it is engaging and consistently helps students learn the targeted concept.
- The material employs at least one of our identified "Engagement Practices."
- The material is free from stereotypes and references that might evoke stereotype threat.
- The material is directly authored by you OR is a variation on another’s open source material and appropriately credits the original author.
- The author specifies a Creative Commons license that, at the least, allows others to use the material for non-commercial purposes.
WHY. . . should you submit materials to the Collection?
- Inspire other instructors! Too often faculty work in isolation and reinvent the wheel. Break the isolation: Share your work with colleagues from across the country.
- The collection is peer-reviewed in much the same way as a conference or journal. Having your teaching materials accepted to the collection is another way to demonstrate teaching effectiveness.
- Get useful feedback from reviewers and users to help you improve your materials.
- Get recognized as someone who is passionate about providing compelling first-year experiences in computer science, and connect to similarly engaged instructors.
- Use the EngageCSEdu collection as a means of disseminating innovative curricular materials for introductory CS that you’ve developed from research projects.
- If a reviewer nominates your materials, you could be recognized with an Engagement Excellence award!
HOW. . . do you submit materials to the Collection?
- Create an Educator Account on EngageCSEdu, if you don't already have one.
- Log in. Click on the link below to create new collection item. Add the required descriptions and metadata. If you want submit multiple things from a course (and we encourage this!), please create a separate submission for each item.
- Upload your materials.
- Please also include a syllabus, including a schedule of topics, to help other instructors understand your topic sequencing. If you are submitting multiple items, please make the syllabus a separate submission. We'll link everything later.
For more information on how to submit materials to the EngageCSEdu Collection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org