WHAT. . . types of materials are appropriate for the EngageCSEdu Collection?
Materials may be considered for the EngageCSEdu Collection if they meet the following criteria:
- The material is an individual item (e.g., an assignment, a project) from an introductory computer science (or similar) course, i.e., CS0, CS1, or CS2-like courses. We accept materials from college and high school instructors.
- The material is high quality, i.e., it is engaging and consistently helps students learn the targeted concept.
- The material employs at least one "Engagement Practice."
- The material is free from stereotypes and references that might evoke stereotype threat.
- The material is directly authored by you OR is a variation on another’s open source material and appropriately credits the original author.
- The author specifies a Creative Commons license that, at the least, allows others to use the material for non-commercial purposes.
WHY. . . should you submit materials to the Collection?
- Inspire other instructors! Too often faculty work in isolation and reinvent the wheel. Break the isolation: Share your work with colleagues from across the country.
- The collection is peer-reviewed in much the same way as a conference or journal. Having your teaching materials accepted to the collection is another way to demonstrate teaching effectiveness.
- Get useful feedback from reviewers and users to help you improve your materials.
- Get recognized as someone who is passionate about providing compelling first-year experiences in computer science, and connect to similarly engaged instructors.
- Use the EngageCSEdu collection as a means of disseminating innovative curricular materials for introductory CS that you’ve developed from research projects.
- If a reviewer nominates your materials, you could be recognized with an Engagement Excellence award!
HOW. . . do you submit materials to the Collection?
Materials can be submitted to the collection by using the following steps:
- Create an Educator Account on EngageCSEdu.
- Using the Educator Account, click on the link below to create new collection item. Fill in all required boxes and metadata.
- Upload your material or if multiple files are required for your lab, lesson, or assignment, please upload a zipped file.
- For more information on how to submit materials to the EngageCSEdu Collection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org